y you need to access VMFS datastore for some reasons. Here is the quick guide which let you do the task.
1. Make sure java is installed
2. Download VMFS driver: http://adf.ly/TZ13d
3. Unzip the file, for example C:\vmfs
4. Test fvmfs.jar by running these commands in cmd as administrator:
java -jar fvmfs.jar
5. Connect the external drive to your computer and check its disk number in Windows Disk Management. Disk 1 will be named \\.\PhysicalDrive1 in vmfs
6. Make sure you can access the drive: java -jar fvmfs.jar \\.\PhysicalDrive1 info
7. Share using webdav: java -jar fvmfs.jar \\.\PhysicalDrive1 webdav
8. Make sure the webclient service is running
9. Mount the drive: net use * http://localhost:50080/vmfs
10. The drive is mounted as below. The content on this drive is read-only.